Tuesday 31 January 2012

Lino madness

Hi
this is the latest print, and first lino done since school. Its 12" and an intentionally rough print, as the subject is a rather bohemian bar in York called Evil Eye Lounge. If you know this blog you'll notice that I like the place enough to do lots of drawings or prints of the place. I hasten to add that I don't get there as much as desired...
The first is a more experimental version, the second being a more traditional straight version. Guess which one was more fun to make. ;-)  The black ink was pushed around with a cotton bud and scratched with a sharp edge. I did the same with the colour layers underneath. It was made purely as a labour of love, just to explore things and maybe develop skills. If there was anything learned from this its that experimentation is the way I'd like to work for a while.


No comments: